The Quest For “My Beautiful Bare Skin”



Looking back from the other side of sixty, remembering the days when waking up in the morning was an exciting adventure. Today it is a variety of experiences depending upon the quality of my sleep and what is happening on the inside as well as the outside.

Gone are the good ol’ days when jumping out of bed, raring to start the day with a quick shower, makeup, suiting up with stockings, pumps and a cup of coffee. Rarely stopping for a lunch on the go, putting myself last. After decades of hyper work, running around the city of Angels, my days of non-stop-shopping for the latest in luxe home furnishing items for my clients are over. My marathon body has run out of steam, never sitting down until the end of the day until after my aerobics class when I would crash.

These days I linger longer in bed, listening to positive meditation audios on YOU TUBE and gather my thoughts, letting go of the negative and reaching for better feeling experiences. It seems as if many are still in shock about the Presidential election. Flooded Facebook pages demanding a recount, while others are fighting for some cause. As for me, I am working on uplifting my own spirits first. Getting into the right frame of mind is the order of the day. When we are in the right frame of mind we can align with our own mind/body/spirit, inspire others and leave the rest to flow.

On my quest for truth, beauty and becoming ageless, I find that beauty flows from the inside out. When I am refreshed, balanced, in the positive stream, connecting with the gratitude of the moment, I see myself in a different light. And yes, lighting is most important, too! The other night after a mid-night wake up, I rushed quickly past my reflection in the bathroom mirror. Who or what I saw was frightening to me. I saw the exaggeration of wrinkles that had taken up residence around my mouth and now creeping further into my skin. I saw myself as if I was an octogenarian! YIPES! Being a naturalist, I have not succumbed to Botox or the other fillers for several years just as an experiment to see what kind of aging would occur.

OK! I’ve had enough!

My quest for becoming ageless, naturally is now weaning. I need help! I have been experiencing the latest in leading edge beauty, writing for decades and always in search of the best results without invasive procedures.

I discovered a hidden gem last February when I was invited to one of the Awards Show gifting suites at the tony Luxe Beverly Hills Hotel. They were offering dozens of glam goodies and beauty finds. Yet there was one person in the back with a wait list who was doing a very unique facial. I discovered Susan Carlson, of My Beautiful Bare Skin, who is located in Beverly Hills. We immediately connected during my demo, and she shared her highlhy educated background with me as a healer/aesthetician with a magic machine.

She explained that “We specialize in giving skin treatments that truly heal from within. Our Lift facials will substantially reduce deep lines, wrinkles, puffiness and dark circles, tighten sagging skin on both the face and neck, will diminish scars, fade brown spots and will effectively treat acne and Rosacea. We offer body treatments to smooth cellulite, detoxify the body and relieve pain due to arthritis or trauma. It is also very successful for therapeutic stress reduction.”

While this may not sound so unique, especially if you live in Los Angeles, her instant face lift and body contouring are non-invasive yet have a visible effect even after one treatment. While she recommends a series with consistent follow up, even occasional visits are effective. She personally works with a microcurrent machine that is specially attuned to healing the body and also can be refinely calibrated for the face and skin. The machine has the capacity for deep healing for wounds and pain, but her ingenious combo can do wonders in one session. While in her care, she also makes sure you are listening to positive healing audio so you not only get the physical relief, but after an hour of Wayne Dyer or your favorite guru, you are fully revived and feeling great!

    Our remarkable adaptive (cybernetic) facials and body treatments use technology previously used extensively in the medical field to heal injuries. This technology, microcurrent, affects the way your skin cells actually function. It works on the very foundation of your skin — muscles, blood and lymph — to repair, rejuvenate, nourish and maintain your skin at its optimum state of health and functioning, resulting in a more beautiful you, from the inside out.

    The Los Angeles Times: Her remarkable adaptive (cybernetic) facials and body treatments use technology previously used extensively in the medical field to heal injuries. This technology, microcurrent, affects the way your skin cells actually function. It works on the very foundation of your skin — muscles, blood and lymph — to repair, rejuvenate, nourish and maintain your skin at its optimum state of health and functioning, resulting in a more beautiful you, from the inside out.

The Electro-Acuscope, packaged in an easily transportable case, emits a low-level electrical current. Physical therapists, acupuncturists, M.D.’s and other health professionals prefer it’s effectve treatment for pain and athletic injuries. Carlson has experimented and discovered that combining a healing machine that addresses medical aesthetics, can yield a more comprehensive effect.

By adapting the Renaissance machine for facial treatments (which is distributed by the same company as the Electro-Acuscope) medical doctors, acupuncturists, cosmetologists and physical therapists report they are seeing growing numbers of clients who are pleased with the results.These “micro-current electrical facials” are a natural solution to aging, and instead of just a pretty facial, it is recommended for both facial rejuvenation and overall health benefits. Not only is it used for an instant facelift, but for deep relaxation and healing.
 
It is advisable to have consistent treatments, and is considered safe and effective by the AMA. Dr. Valentine Birds, a North Hollywood internist remarked that “I had used the Electro-Acuscope for muscle spasm and found that facial improvement to be a side effect” he says. ‘My theory is that if it won’t hurt the patients and it can help them, I’m willing to use it. It’s one thing to treat the disease and another to normalize the physiology and make the person healthy, which the machines help the body to do. I’m not satisfied with only diagnosing and treating the disease. I’d rather improve the basic physiology, that way you don’t have the disease problem. If you feel good, you’re going to look good. And if you’re hurting, it’s going to show up in the face.”

The best part is that after just one session you will feel a remarkable energizing effect! So not only does it address the quest for ‘my beautiful bare skin’ but it also has a treatment effect for better sleep and relaxation!
Susan is born to be a healer. Her microcurrent facial is lifting, and makes my skin flawless!!! She is extremely dedicated to her clientele, and I feel lucky to be a client. I love how my skin looks years younger than my true age!

    Melissa S.

    Los Angeles, CA


Comments