Going Cold Turkey.........My Digital Detox with Deepak


I had the opportunity to experiment becoming unplugged by escaping the tech universe for a couple of days and chilling out with Deepak Chopra and colleagues. This was a dream come true! I had the privilege of attending the Living in Balance Retreat through The Chopra Center, which was held at a lovely setting, the Sheraton Westin Carlsbad Resort and Spa. While attending I also participated in my own self-imposed digital detox from the usual suspects, my MacBookPro, my new iPhone (way beyond my skill set, with all the bells and whistles) and iPad.

The experience was a delight for all of the senses. Detoxing from the matrix of technology and all the accoutrements while learning a comprehensive approach to a healthy, balanced lifestyle was just what the Doctor ordered.

In celebration of March 9 National Day of Unplugging, I was prepped by four jam packed days listening to best experts in functional medicine. The Chopra Center Medical experts on the leading edge, sharing the latest in self-care and the Ayurveda, the Ancient healing tradition.

According to the recent study from Pew research, they were able to establish a measurement for stress that is known as the Perceived Stress Scale (PSS). To do so they created a list of 10 questions for participants to answer, which explored the relationship between a variety of digital technology uses and psychological stress.
“These technologies are said to takeover people’s lives, creating time and social pressures that put people at risk from the negative physical and psychological health effects that can result from stress.”
Check out the rest of the story here

Comments